Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Evening Dresses

I am writing this post from Jakarta. I am in Jakarta to attend my cousin's engagement party. During this trip, I have been asked quite frequently to accompany my relatives to various fashion designers and tailors and give opinion about their evening dresses. As can be seen from my most recent post, designers in Jakarta have this tendency to do more than necessary. Personally, I think less is more when it comes to looking elegant. Details can be good but too much will be distracting and tacky. I agree with Tim Gun from Project Runway, who always says that designers should "cast their editing eyes".

Here are some designers who have cast their editing eyes and successfully produced elegant pieces this season.

1. Carlos Miele

2. Zac Posen - even just black and white can be amazing

3. Dennis Basso
4. J. Mendel

 5. Marchesa

 

No comments: