Sunday, November 28, 2010

Ikat & batik print

Two years ago when I first sat eyes Dries Van Noten Spring Summer 2010 collection, I immediately fell in love. The styling was effortless. The clothes were so classy. They look comfortable. The models appear to glide on the runway at ease. There is nothing bad I could say about this collection. I think they will look good on all women regardless of shape and size.




Let us not forget Gucci Spring Summer 2010



Actually before Van Noten and Gucci, De La Renta had used ikat in his 2005 collection.


Then he used it again in Spring Summer 2008


I am glad that this season Country Road has made a number of clothes using the same type of material.Thankfully, these clothes are more affordable than those from Gucci or De La Renta or Van Noten's collection.

From left to right: Ikat print dress 229 AUD; Print Pants 129 AUD; Print Pocket Skirt 129 AUD

No comments: